The Steering Committee for Baltimore Dakota (Hau Kola) Learning Camps is comprised of a diverse group of individuals representing the various functions required to run this all volunteer organization. Committee membership is currently comprised of individuals who manage the business of Baltimore Dakota Learning Camps. The Committee includes a Chair, Presbytery Representative, Camp Representatives (two for each active camp location), Recording Secretary, and a Member at Large.
The Steering Committee is responsible for:
- Developing, refining and approving the Learning Camp curriculum;
- Managing the organizational budget;
- New camp identification, coordination and development;
- Camp staff recruitment, interviewing and training;
- Camp management; and
- Coordinating with on-site camp staff regarding scheduling and facility use.
The Steering Committee meets a minimum of eight times per year with scheduled meetings occurring in September, October, November, January, February, March, April and May. Additional meetings are scheduled at the discretion of the Committee.
Steering Committee Members
Member at Large